Oman 12 Sawadi till Bidbid

28/12 Sawadi till Bidbid 95 km

Well the plan is to avoid Muscat and the highways.

From Sawadi I join the new coastal highway no traffic as it is not finish. After 15 km I join the coast back road, with the fishermen. I follow it till Barka. 
Here the road gets off the coast and runs in the land. Sea side is sand with grass, other side is a forest of thorns trees, 5 to 10 m high, first time I see that in Oman. 
Well after 15 km I join the noisy highway 1, exactly the service road. I arrive at the cross with the express highway to Muscat. I have to take it on right for 10 km. So I have to cross on foot the 4 lanes of the highway 1, not to difficult in fact. 
I take the way to Muscat, and when it turns on left, I continue straight for 10 km. At the entrance of the little town, I turn on right way to Rustaq. 
I do 10 km about and I turn left to Fanja. Nothing special, flat land with grass sand and some trees. Fanja is at 20 km. It is flat for 14 km, and after the middle town there is a climb, and after it is up and down till Fanja. 
Just before Fanja I turn on right, and I arrive in the palm trees plantations, very nice winding road, and then on the main street of Fanja. 
After a few km I join the highway to Nizwa big and noisy traffic. I follow it for 10 km about, till the cross to Ibra. There is a gazoline station here. 
And I see a back road at that cross, indicated dam 3km. I take it and follow till the end of the new first village. Here I find a quiet place to camp.






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire