Oman 14 Ibra till the desert

30/12 25 km before Ibra till the desert 92 km

The road is the same, some rasonnable traffic, flat plain, few trees, sand and gravel fields, and a few little towns. I meet a couple of cyclists and we exchange our Oman experience. They did what I will do next, and I did what they will do next.

Main news there is a ferry on Thursday at midday from Muscat Mutrah to Barsah a Musandan, 25 rials, 60$. Maybe I would take it. 
After Ibra i can see the sand dunes on right in the distance. Then I join the town Badiyah. And I turn on right way to the sand dunes, at 5 km, at Rahhat village. That the way to a lot of camps in the desert. I arrive at the foot of the dunes, and at the end of the asfalt. No way to continue by bike. And each minute I see a 4x4 with white tourists inside and a local driver and guide. 
I won't pay 50 to 100$ for a night in a camp for tourists in the desert, full of stupid artificial and superficial rich tourists, along a desert highway for 4x4. 
Well at least it is nice to have seen the dunes. So I go back to the main road. I follow 2 km and I see a park on other side. I visit it, it is a park for children and trees and flowers, not finish yet, but already clean and nice. 
I decide to camp here this night. It would be noisy by the traffic on the main road, but no stupid tourist. Some locals invit me to share coffee and tea and dates, something traditionnel.







Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire