Oman 15 Badiwah to Badah via Muqual

31/12 Badiwah to Badah via Muqual 75km

Well I continue on the road 23, with the same large plain flat and windy. After 15 km I turn on left, way to Muqual wadi. There is an other nice park a little after the cross, good to camp. The road is nearly flat for 20km. 
Then there is a steep climb I did pushing the bike for 3km. And then it is the quick downhill till the town of Dawwah. All that is in a valley in the small mountains, nothing special. 
The supermarket is near the entrance of the town, just after the cross left to Muqal. I buy some yogurt ans fruit juice and I stay half hour in the bus stop in the shade, refreshing me from the heat during the climb. 
Then I continue to Muqal. The road is flat for 7km. It goes by the wadi, Along the river bed, with a village and palm trees. More we approach the end more palm trees. At the end there is a parking full of 4x4 and bus with white tourists. How many I don't know but a very lot. 
Well I walk till the place with the tourists and I arrive at the pool. In fact there is a dam, and that makes 2 Lakes, and then the river continues up, with waterfalls. All that is in the mountain, in a rocky area. 
People are swimming, other take sun. There is a restaurant and places to seat. I was nervous so I didn't stay long. Mistake after all, I should eat at the restaurant, 4 rials for the buffet, with view on the lake, then swim and then at 5 pm when everyone move away stay and camp.

Anyway I cycle back till the town and the climb. Here I hich hike and the first utility car takes me and lifts me straight to the main road. Other mistake I should camp in the park. 
Well I continue by the main road, with heavy front wind, for 15 km, till a mosque in the middle of no where at the cross to Badah. I take water and see a little house at the cross. 
I check the house is open and clean with carpet on the floor. I decide to sleep in, protect from the wind. Bad idea, in fact it is a sort of private mosque for a little group of local people. They comes to prey at 5 pm till 6 pm and they complain I am here. 
They choose to prey outside, and also near the tent. And they tell me that is a room in the mosque one km before. But i suppose in fact it is wrong. Well after 6 pm it becomes quiet and I have a good sleep. Strong wind all night.












Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire