Oman 17 Sur till Haad

02/01 Sur till Haad point 79 km

I go till the town, cross the suspended bridge, way to Sur centre. In fact I arrive along the beach, nice, where I could camp too, but not so quiet. There is a light tower in front, and nice buildings. At the end of the beach I turn left way to Muscat and immediately on left I see a shop with all equipment for diving. I stop and buy a snorkel and a mask, 4 rials each. No palms as I don't know how to crawl. Then I continue a bit and go back joining the sea, along the fishing harbour.

Then I take the road along the sea way to Haad. I get a strong head wind and it is all way up and down, a start along the sea, and then in a stone desert, very sad and monotonous. In the end I arrive at Haad village, which is only a few houses, 2 restaurants and very small food store. The best one is certainly the gasoline station.

I go back to the round about and take way to Turtle Beach Resort. I arrive after 7 km in a stone flat desert at the Resort. It is a poor place, with huts in bambu, a restaurant with the look of a boat, french fries, pasta or rice to eat no buffet, a very very small beach, and commun people but rich. I stay stupid and ask me why Andres recommends me the place. I don't see nothing about turtle no place to camp, just a rubbish cheating place with boring people and strong strong wind. 
As it is already 3 pm I decide to go back about 2 km till a meadow of trees I have seen, to camp there. But it is used to throw all the rubbish so it is full of litter abd smelling. The second meadow is the same. 
I go back till the round about and eat a bit in the bus stop, protect from that terrible wind. I check the papers yes that stupid resort is the right place to snorkel. But where can I camp? No place, every where that crazy wind, and it would be the same for 3 days. 
Forget it I see a utility car, I hitch hike straight to Sur. I buy a chicken and I go to camp at the same place than yesterday. The wind is so strong it is difficult to build the tent.


















Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire