Oman 21 Salill till Muscat

06/01 Salill till Muscat via Yitti 81 km

Here I take the gravel road on left, opposite the mosque way to Yitti. The road is firm and mostly downhill so it is easy. Sure I get a few short too steep climbs but nothing hard. It pass inside the mountain with steep high slopes in all colours of brown and orange and a very few houses or villages. After 23km I join the asfalt and Yitti town. 
Then I follow by the road, with lot of up and down and crosses and round about, making a bit difficult finding the way, till the coast road. 
I make a stop at Yatch Club beach to see the camping place. Well it cost 5 rials, nearly 12 €, for a poor place in the sun near the toilet at the end of the beach, no restaurant and no wifi. 
I get off that cheating place and continue till old Muscat. Here are a lot of tourists but it is not possible to visit the palace. Well I recommend to go and see the sea near the palace, and to visit the house museum. 
Then I continue along the coast till Muthrah, rolling on the large board walk, no problem, along the harbour, very nice. Just after old Muscat there is a nice park where to camp. 
Well I continue I go to Ruwi by the boardwalk, be careful it is along the parallel service street. Then I have to take the highway, but there is a large shoulder and no exit, so no problem apart the noise. 
I get off at Qurm beach and I follow it till the end. Then I take a parallel road, al karijyat street, which becomes al Wizarat and then 18th of November, light traffic driving me till the airport. 
In fact I get off today a while before the airport, I turn on right just before the wadi, there a gazoline station on other side, to join the beach road. 
And at the end is the public beach and a nice park to camp. Well it is a bit noisy, by the families who comes and picnic by the evening. So next day I come back to 18th November street and then I turn on left way to the airport where I wait for my friend.

We get a coffy week end, hotel at Naseem, basic on Muthrah, and good restaurants.













Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire